Friday, April 23, 2010

Raleigh Rose Garden

With an amazing job comes amazing benefits....half day Fridays!! I have now turned my normal "Mommy's Time" into a mini field trip for myself. I am finding different places around Raleigh to take photos. I have been to a family farm, the Arboritum, and local parks.

Today when trying to decide where to head after work I decided to try the Raleigh Rose Gardens. I did not know if there would be any blooms yet, but I did know that it is a very pretty place to be. Thankfully when I drove down the road, there was plenty of parking! I made my way down the old stairs and down to the gardens.



I saw that a wedding was being set up down the main isle way and around the foutain. I would have LOVED to take some pictures there, but I didn't want to get in their way.

There are rows and rows of rose bushes. Not all were in bloom, but I did find some very pretty ones budding and beginning to bloom.












After finding so many pretty flowers, I made my way to the stone archway around the back of the garden.



At the back of the garden I found another neat staircase. This one is actually my first go at cloning out 'stuff' in a photo. I took out a lamp post and a phone pole. Not a great job, but I think it turned out OK.



After taking enough pictures to fill up my SD card, I made my way back to the car. At the top of the stairs, across the street I saw this amaizing tree. It has seen many years.




I can't wait to make it back there again, maybe it will be my next week's field trip as well! I didn't get to see everything I wanted.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment